Thursday, November 26, 2009

Party HIGHLIGHTS...

a bit tired of writing today...and frankly...i just had some really gross rice and it's making me a bit nauseated...although that could be morning sickness...

SURPRISE!

I joke...I joke...

I was so touched yesterday when Pee Puey and Jane through me my very own going away party!  On THANKSGIVING!  It was ALSO on Pee Puey's birthday...

(see photos for the evening progression...)

We went and picked up the raw meat and other ingredients in bags from town...also the coal and BBQ...  Then we picked up a slough of helpers (4 students!) and started setting up in Jane's front 'patio'...

We probably had about 20 people (mostly teachers...and some administration)...  One of the directors stood up and gave a little speech that was very sweet (Pee Puey translated)...then I got a big present from the school!  Then I had to give a speech...  I made a teacher cry!  She was always one of my favorites...  Kind of like a Thai Queen Latifah...  Queen LaThaifah...

I was so excited for my present...i'm like a two year old child when I get gifts...it can be a simple ball of rubber bands and I my voice still rises from the excitement...

I got three scarves (because I told them I loved scarves)...I set of little change purses...(cute!)...and my two favorite things...  a pair of Thai sweatpants and the school sport jersey!  YES!

Now here's the kicker...and this wasn't so nice...  I unfolded the shirt and it went DOWN TO MY KNEES!  It was an XXL!  I looked at Pee Puey who had picked it out with a 'Really!!???'...

So now she's exchanging it for a medium or large....oye...  Why would anyone think I was an XXL!?   A bit insulting...but I know I shouldn't take it that way...

Sat around with the teachers for a bit after this...they kept saying they wanted me to find them a nice foreigner...'50 and up'...  They said they would email me photos...so the men could just look through the photos and choose...  Nice...  I do have a few candidates in mind...  I have a nice '50 and up' single portfolio...

So the party wrapped...grandma was VERY VERY sad to see me go...and I was touched to see that they cared so much...again...i will MISS them...  And I know I will come back to see them...

Packed my things...erected my pink mosquito net one last time...and went to sleep...

Last page in another chapter...  

...always sealed with a happy tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment