Monday, November 9, 2009

I would make a crappy Dolly Parton...

So yesterday during lunch...i just ASK Pee Peuy a question regarding the opening hours of the massage place next to the school - i hopes of getting a massage over my lunch one of these days (100B for 60 minutes!  This works out to FIVE CENTS PER MINUTE!!!)

So she said 'i have to go to class now, but we go after school'...

uhm...okay...wasn't necessarily implying this week even..but okay...

So after leaving an hour later than the time we spoke of...we were off...she had to go to the market so she dropped me off to get a one hour massage.  always a pleasure...

Then she comes back (I was done) and says....'okay...now you wait for me'...  She also decides to get an herbal wrap.  So here I am sitting on this woman's (because everything is out of the house...) porch for two hours...watching how the geckos catch their dinner (interesting really...the patience...)

It was 730 and I was STARVING.  we went and had some grilled sticky rice and pad thai...yummy.

It was 8 at this point...and usually at this time...one would find me safely secure under my mosquito netting...  Just when I thought we were going home...

She says 'Now just one more stop...30 minutes...i'll just get my hair done...'  Ooookay...yeah...that wasn't 30 minutes.  AN HOUR.  I got shampooed as well to pass the time.  It's quite odd here...they shampoo your hair FIVE times!  it's odd...

To pass the time she went to some corner and bough us Popoff vodka slushies...hmmm.  Highly chemically...but not bad!

Finally crawled into bed at 10...

How do some women do this!?  Salon to salon....chatting up every masseuse...hair washer....stylist...etc. etc....  Don't get me wrong...I'm all about the Saturday day pampering...but I do it by myself...don't talk to any of the stylists...it's quite peaceful...  To each their own I suppose...

Anyway...must run to assembly...already late...  even if it is en vogue here...

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment